Monday, July 25, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy

So, the camera is down again- having some serious battery issues. But meanwhile, I have a cute story for you. One of my new favorite "Raymond-isms" is how he now understands emotions. So, if he can tell I'm upset with him for misbehaving, or not feeling well, or just in a glum mood- he looks at me with those puppy-dog pleading eyes and says, "Mommy, BE HAPPY!" Melts my heart- and forces me to smile. This morning, Kenny had one of those glum looks on his face because he had an upset stomach. Raymond noticed, stopped what he was doing, and ran over to Kenny to give him a big kiss. Kenny smiled, of course (because how could you not?) and Raymond got this huge grin on his face, saying, "Daddy is happy now!" He was proud that his kiss turned Daddy's frown upside down. Oh, how I love being a mommy. :)

1 comment:

Karen Buyle said...

Sooooo sweet! That's the good stuff!