Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Garden


We are determined that our garden will do better this year! Praying!! Now, just don't zoom in too close to see the yellowed leaves on our tomato plants. Urgh. Maybe if it would stop raining, freezing, and the sun would come out, we would have better luck. I really want to grow what we eat often.

Speaking of eating, I have been on a grain free, sugar free, starch free diet for some time now and, although in ways it has been super stressful to think of things to eat, sometimes the forced creativity yields super yummy results. Tonight's dinner was AMAZINGLY delicious. I can't take credit for the recipe this time around, but we definitely enjoyed the results. Here is the recipe.http://divinehealthfromtheinsideout.com/2011/05/oven-baked-drumsticks-gluten-free/ And here is the picture:

4 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Wow, what a diet! I'd love to hear about more of your meals :). Is it a self-enforced diet, or due to an allergy?

Julie said...

Yes. It is quite the difficult diet. It is not b/c of an allergy, but to help heal some yucky health issues Raymond and I are both dealing with. It is supposed to help with allergies though! It has been 3 months now of hard core dieting, so I am starting to lighten up and have some diet-friendly treats, like homemade ice cream and birthday cake (flourless and sweetened with honey and stevia)!

Kevin and Mary Ford said...

Looks yummy! Even the martyrdom of dieting can have its ups, I guess, huh! I hope you all enjoy your cake and ice cream!

Love, Mary

Kevin and Mary Ford said...

Oh, and hey, I want to see more pics of your garden! What I can see looks good, though. Don't worry about your yellow leaves. Summer will get here eventually, believe it or not. :o) Then, you'll probably have to worry about the heat (although your tomatoes, as long as you give them enough water, will probably take off in the heat...they love it).